Sunday 31 March 2013

How former goalkeeper Dosu Joseph's wife makes him walk again

She’s everything to me. When I had
National hero of Atlantic I994, Dosu Joseph, has opened up, on how he gained back the use of his legs.

The for Super Eagles goal keeper, who had a fatal accident that left him unable to walk for many years revealed that his wife contributed to how he regained back the use of his leg.
When he hadthe accident, a lot of things were said: ‘he can’t walk again, he is finished, he will be on wheelchair for life.’ Maybe if it was another woman, she would have packed out and left me to my fate. And that would have demoralised me. Maybe I wouldn’t even walk anymore. But she stood by me during my predicament and rehabilitation. She was there. She was with me in the hospital when my operation was done in Tallahassee. She was sleeping on the floor just to give me the confidence I needed. And I told her not to sleep on the floor but to sleep in the hotel and come to the hospital every morning. But she said she preferred to stay by my side rather than waste money.

No comments: