Thursday 20 June 2013

Mikel Obi leave Chelsea for Galatasaray, sets to earn N4.42Billion


The story has been on for a couple of days now that Nigerian born Chelsea midfielder, Mikel Obi is set to leave Chelsea for Galatasaray, a Turkish football club.

Many as expressed their opinion why Mikel would leave a high ranking club such as Chelsea for a club in Turkey but the footballer said today that he had asked for advice from former Chelsea mate, Didier Drogba and the latter has told him that Galatasaray is a good football.

Below is what he said....

'I asked Drogba for advice and he told me that Istanbul is a fantastic city, that Galatasaray is a huge club and that I have to make the move. I have played at Chelsea for a long time and it's now time for me to leave.
'
I'm still only 26 and it's great to receive an offer from a club (Galatasaray) playing Champions League football and doing well in the competition.'

Talks have reached an advanced level between Chelsea and Galatasaray. Chelsea won't make the move difficult and regarding my salary there won't be a problem. All that is left is for the clubs to reach an agreement.'

Well, he knows what is best for him......

No comments: