Friday 7 June 2013

Usain Bolt beaten by Justin Gatlin in the Diamond League in Rome

Justin Gatlin of US has beaten six-time Olympic champion, Usain Both of Jamaica in the men's 100 metres race at the Rome Golden Gala, Diamond League.

The world champion was beaten by Justin by one hundredth of a second. Justin made it ahead of Usain with dip of his head over the line beating him (Usain) by a win of 9.94 seconds and Usain came in with 9.95 seconds.

This is Usain first appearance inthe Diamond League this season since he recovered from an  Hamstring injury

The Jamaician who still as the 200 men's race at the Diamond League on Thursday says of Gatlin victory.

"I got the perfect start that I wanted, then about five steps in I stumbled a bit and that kind of threw my game off. My legs didn't feel like my legs coming into the straight. I guess I need to do more strength work. I think I just need time to get it back together but the fact I got a good start threw me off. At least I got under 10 seconds.

"It is always a good thing to lose. You can figure how to step it up. I knew I wasn't in great shape but I'm not worried. It takes time to get back into shape and I didn't expect much from this race."

No comments: