Sunday 1 September 2013

Being a single mother is better than being a dead mother- Ara the drummer



 I had a chance meeting with drummer girl cum singer not quite long ago and below is my chat with her, Enjoy and don't forget to leave a comment.....

Her fame has soared out of the shores of Nigeria to around the world. she has become an international artiste by virtue of her drumming which is still a surprise to many seeing her singing and drumming, a not too easy task as she readily acknowledged. Because of her successful feat, she sees herself as a mentor to other women, that they could do anything just like her no matter the challenges. In this interview with ABIMBOLA ADEBAYO, Ara talks about what she has been up to.

It like you no longer perform like you used to do again, what's happening?

" I have been around, I have been performing and doing my regular gig. I am still drumming and still very busy. I am still getting engagments, nothing has changed. And in between all these alot has been happening."

Read more after the cut



So, what do you do apart from drumming?

 'I am currently running my boutique and hair dressing salon, which are just picking up gradually. My salon's name is Ara Braid and it is located on Isolo Road in Mushin",

Is it because of your love for braids

''Yes''

But you longer wears braids anymore?

 ''it was part of it, though, I'm not sporting braids right now, but I love braids, I am also currently shooting my first movie titled 'Osun Funke. "It features myself, Baba Wande, Peju Ogunmola, Rikkado Agbor, Doris Simon"

what is the movie all about?

" The movie is about a young girl who Is from Osun, from the Arugba family. it is a movie that is very interesting and what I will say is for you to watch it when it is finally out'.

Is your going into movie production due to the fact that music is no longer selling?

 "That is a wrong perception. Would people say it was because Jeniffer Lopez was not selling musically, that is why she went into acting? Would people say that Beyonce and others like her go into acting because, they are not selling. She started acting because she can do it. To me it is a way of diversifying into other things",

What has been happening to you now as a single mother?

 " I have been trying my best to be a good mother to my son. The special thing given to me by God is my son and I appreciate the fact he blessed me with a son. Being a single mother is better than being a dead parent".

Will you re-marry?

 " I have vowed I will never disclose anything about my personal life again, but if I re- marry, very well and if I don't, it is ok. Right now all I can say is that I am happy", she says.

This story is written by Abimbola Adebayo and it is exclusive to www.abimboladebayo.blogspot.com
 

No comments: