Tuesday 19 November 2013

We're happy when people can't tell us apart- Aneke twins


chidinma and Chidiebere better known as the Aneke twins in this interview with Abimbola Adebayo, talks about their work, men and growing up, enjoyWhat does it feels like being a twin and doing the same thing?

We feel bless and happy that we are twins and doing the same thing, we love doing. We have always been doing the same thing since our childhood. We also thank God seeing ourselves as grown-up and living our dreams.

Read more after the cut


How do people differentiate you, since you are so much alike especially men?
We are happy when people can't tell us apart. It is even a prayer request that people shouldn't be able to tell us apart so that we keep deceiving them. If a man what us, he must learn to tell us apart and also know something particular about each of us. Anyway, we have sign that will give to our men, so he can tell us apart.

Saying that you are happy when people can tell you apart might be a problem for you because I believe, you would want to get married one day?


When we get to the bridge, we would cross it but if a man is truly mine, he would not confuse me for my sister or me for her.

But you girls are no longer getting younger?
We would get married when the time is right, only God can determine that.

If you have been admiring a man but he decided to go for your twin sister, how would you feel?
If I am admiring a man and he decided to go for my sister, I will respect his decision and I would not feel bad about it. That is the understanding that, we have had about each other. But, if he think in can play with both of us, then, he is in for a disappointment and trouble.

Do you wish to get married on the same day?
It is our greatest wish but only God knows. But first a man must find me (Chidiebere) first before I can marry because according to the bible, it says a man must find his wife. I so much desire it but let the will of God be done in our life.

What was your growing up like as an identical twins?
Our growing up was fun. We were troublemakers and people find it difficult to tell us apart and so we get away with so many things, when we play prank on people. Another thing is, if you fight my sister, I will fight you. Sometimes, I take my sister's place and no one will know the difference.

who had the idea of going into nollywood?
Nobody, we just found our selves acting. We actually talked about it that we wanted to act and so, we started and people started noticing us and the rest is history. But it is the grace of God that got us where we are now.

Whenever, you are call for a role but it is just for one of you, how do you do it?
The person has to choose between us. He must decide, whom he wanted to feature in his movie. Sometime (Chidinma) When I have an extra script or she has one, we always give it to each other or if I don’t like a role, I tell her to take it up. We sometimes swap places in some movies at times, when one of us as to be at another location and she or I will take over and it would not be obvious.

It said that you actresses have to do runs to keep up the look, is movie selling enough, to make you comfortable?
I don’t know of that (Chidiebere) and I don’t know what you mean that actresses are hustlers. For me movie is selling. They are really paying except of course, you are not comfortable with what you are earning. Well, others might be doing it and it is not in only nollywood that such is happening, it is going on in other places. But, I know movies pays well or if it is not paying, why are people there. Sometimes, when I have an extra script or she does the same, we always give it to each other or if I don’t like a role, I tell her to take it up. We sometimes swap places in some movies at times, when one of us has to be at another location and nobody would know the difference.

Who among you is the most outgoing?
(Chidiebere responded)The funny thing about us is that, we are both outgoing. She ( refers to Chidnma) can decide to be doing all the talking and other stuff and I will be very quiet but the next minute, I would be the one doing all the talking, shouting, while she remains quiet. In fact, our moods swing in time to time.

Have you ever wish you were never a twin?
Chidiebere: Never! I have never thought that way and she had never thought that way. In my next world I would want to be a twin. Our dad is late but our mother is very proud of us and she is happy. She knows it’s what (Acting) we love doing. When our mother, sees us she is always very happy and she is always calling us. In fact, we don’t like travelling because of her because we always want to stay with her.

How many movies would you say you have done and do you produce your own movies?
We have both done more than forty movies. We also have our own a production company under which we produce and market movies. We recently released a movie title ‘National Experience’. We also have two other movies ‘Adora' and 'Onochie' which we premiered in the UK and we are hoping to take it to the cinema, if God, will it so.

Have you gotten to the place you want in your career?
We have not gotten there but we are praying to but we still thank God for where we are now. There are still much to be done.

How often do you disagree?
Every day will disagree with each other. It is all the time. Before getting here, we have fought with each other and that is just the beauty of it.

Are you two dating?
Chidinma: I am not dating (Asked her sister). Are you dating or you have failed to tell me you are dating.

Don't you think being seen together all the time is scaring men away?
That should not be a problem. If a man prefers me or my sister, he should go for the person he prefers.

No comments: