Monday 14 April 2014

I regret killing my husband- 14 year-old Wasila Umaru


Days after killing her husband and 3 others by adding rat poison to their meal during a small wedding gathering,  14 year- old child bride, Wasila Umaru, has said she regret her action that caused the death of her husband and others. The incident  occurred at Ungwar Yansoro village in Gaya LGA near the city of Kano. 
In an interview with a Vanguard reporter Wasila said;

“Mine was a classical example of youthful exuberance; it dawned on me shortly after that it was a joke taken too far to resolve a forced marriage question. I have never enjoyed the opportunity of going to Islamic school or acquiring Western education. My father forced me into this mess by stubbornly forcing me into a relationship I was not prepared to live in"
"Though my target was my late husband, I must confess that my blood went cold when I realized I had committed mass murder”.

Read more after the cut
“On the fateful day, my husband’s meal was prepared by the senior wife and put in my room as I was due in fulfillment of his rotational duty in a polygamous setting. I obtained the rat poison for just N100 and, at my convenience, mixed it with the local dish prepared for him. When he returned home for the feast, he came with those who were destined to die with him. I was restless but could not stop it from happening.

Read more after the cut

"I felt normal and slept after the incident but the consequence of my action was clear when I was picked up by the police and I felt cold for the first time”.

"Destiny appears to have played a wicked one on me at this early stage of my life and I would rededicate the rest of my life to sincerely seek Allah’s forgiveness”.

However, despite the overwhelming evidence the police have to prosecute the alleged culpable homicide, they seemed to be in a dilemma due to age of the suspect.

Commenting on the development, Kano State Police Command Public Relations Officer, ASP Magaji Musa Majia, said “the case has been referred to appropriate authorities for the next line of action”. Majia told Sunday Vanguard: “I am assuring you that Wasila would appear in court soon because we have limitation on the number of days we can keep a suspect no matter the perceived weakness of the case or the personality involved”.

NOTE

But is this not what happen when you forced a child to marry against her wish? This should be a lesson though I am not excusing her action just giving a reasonable thought about the disaster.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/04/killer-child-bride-speaks-regret-killing-husband-17-days-wedding/#sthash.qzGBt6en.dpuf


No comments: