Wednesday 19 August 2015

My Sister-in-law is a pain

I got married to my husband two years ago and since then life has been hell. The problem is not from my husband like it's for many women because God has really blessed me with a good man. A man who really loved me and would do anything to make me happy. A man who love me more than I even asked God for. Two years of marriage to, Kunle, has been blissful and I can never ask for more. But,
... my sister-in-law has made life unbearable for me. She has made me wonder at times, if marrying her brother was the right decision. You know the Yoruba saying that; a bad husband is good to marry but bad in-laws are worst.

Sincerely, I'm beginning to see the
wisdom in the saying. Two years of marriage and all this.
My sister-in-law ...is the devil assistant or the devil itself, if that's the right word to describe her.
My problem with her actually started the first day kunle, introduced me to her, their mother and other siblings. Unlike the others, who warmly welcomed me, Tolu (that's her name) seized me up right from my head to my feet. I couldn't even pinpoint why. She was just very cold towards me.
Being the first child and one with a good job with a good salary, Kunle, is rallied around by the family and most times his siblings are always in his house.
Those days, when we were still dating, I had no issue with that and to be fair to my other in-laws, things changed immediately we got married. They hadly frequent our house, eventhough, I won't mind if they do. But, for ....my sister-in-law, our house is where she wants to stay. I won't have minded, if she isn't such a bitch.
She would complain about everything. Whenever, I dished food, she would tell me I purposely gave her the smallest meat in the pot or says that her food is too small. She would go into my pot of soup and take whatever she likes, not minding, if that's what I would be ....serving her brother, when he returns from work.
She doesn't help with the house chore and expected her food to be served to her on the dinning.
I am 6 months pregnant and my house help left last month because my sister-in-law made life unbearable for her, because she believed the girl was too loyal to me.
Three weeks ago, (thank God for washing machines) I washed ....mine and my husband's cloth and you know what my sister-in-law did, pushed my own  clothes aside and spread hers where my was. To make matter worst, one of her tops, a green one washed on my purple top. When I asked her, why she pushed aside my clothes and allowed her cloth to stain mine. Instead of an apology, she started abusing me, my mother, father ....and generation. She told me my mother and I are thieves cos I married her brother because of his money. Because I couldn't take it anymore, I started abusing my mother-in-law in return. It was while doing this my husband came back home. He was furious I was abusing his mother and for the first time in our marriage my husband almost laid his hand on me.
It took two ....days of begging and explaining before my husband would speak to me.
Things are becoming more tense in the house, yet my husband wouldn't ask his sister to leave.
The worst now is my sister-in-law holding on to the TV remote and refusing me to change the channel and sometimes, she would change the channel, when she knew I'm in interested in a particular programme.
I am loosing ....my mind. My husband has kept on telling me never to mind his sister but how long will I tolerate her. Infact,  i were not pregnant I would have come to blows with her.
I seriously need help.

No comments: