Saturday 17 October 2015

My boyfriend is too boastful- AAB reader

I don't know if this would make any sense to you or not. Or the reason I'm talking about it here. The bottom line is I need advice on my boastful boyfriend. I want to know if I should walk away from my relationship or not. Let me go to the point before I ramble too much.
    I am a lady of 24 years but I'm dating a man in his late 30s. We have been dating for the past ...9 months. 9 months of my boyfriend talking my ear off with his boastfulness . 9 months of wanting to walk out of the relationship. I sometimes wonder if my boyfriend has remained single 38 because of this
terrible attitude.

Most women would have walked out a long time ago.
My boyfriend would talk about how he got his education at the best school in England to anyone and he would repeat it more than 20 times to you again. How rich his father/ mother is. How much he spent on his shoes and clothes. He doesn't shop in Nigeria but in the UK and US.
Whenever, we want to go out and put on what I think was suitable, he would complain that the cloth, bag or shoes is too cheap. I should learn to buy quality things. And, we would spend the better part of the outing shopping for a suitable cloth, bag or shoes.
He also brag about his electronics. Anytime, I want to play a DVD, he would just tell me to be careful with the way I handle his DVD set because it cost him thousand of dollar to buy it. So, I have learnt to stay off it. The most painful one of it all is the day he came to my house to pick me for his friend's wedding. I was so happy because I really looked good because of my outfit and make-up until he decided to spoil it. My 17-year-old younger brother thinking he is now a pal with my boyfriend had approached his new car with the curiosity of a young boy to check it out. He had jump into the passenger seat before I could enter begging me to wait so he could see the Interior of the car. You can imagine the look on my boyfriend's face. My brother then tried to tune the dial on the radio but my boyfriend removed his hand telling him he doesn't allow anyone play with his car. My brother was so embarrassed, he got out of the car looking dejected. I was so mad that I told him my mind that day and throughout the time we spent at the party, I continuously had flashback of what happened. My boyfriend has not apologised to my brother. My brother has said nothing about the issue too.
I have been thinking of dumping him but my mother won't let me. For her, he is a good catch to lift me out of our financial status. She claimed he would change.
I don't know if I should listen to my mother or not.

Pls, what should I do?

No comments: