Saturday 5 July 2014

Genevieve Nnaji denies saying Nollywood is full of blandness and mediocrity

Nollywood actress, Genevieve Nnaji, has denied that she said Nollywood is full of blandness and mediocrity as quoted in an interview she granted to Punch Newspapper recently. Defending herself, the actress said that she is a product of Nollywood. Read her reply to the matter which has generated some controversies among some of her colleague and fans.

 I never called my industry bland and mediocre. Truth or not, they were NOT MY WORDS. As a person/writer, you can "assume" what you like about my thought process but DO not project those thoughts as "quotes" by me. It's distasteful, insensitive and quite unprofessional. It's insulting to those limited few working hard to make a difference in the industry. I am a product of Nollywood and my loyalty remains unshaken.

No comments: