Saturday 5 July 2014

I have a girlfriend, My girlfriends are people you know- Denrele Edun

If he is popular for hosting shows and interviewing people on the red carpet, so also is his lifestyle as one of the weirdest people in the Nigeria entertainment industry. In the encounter with Abimbola Adebayo, Channel O, VJ, Denrele Edun, talks about his lifestlye, marriage and about the Late Goldie Harvey.. enjoy

Why are you always dressed like a woman. Are you truely gay like it has been said?
Even women don't dress the way I dress. Even the so called lesbians. Those that are angry with my dressing are the ones that can't dress the way I dress. Anyway, this is just about the job expression at the end of the day.
Will you say that your dressing is part of who you are?
Yes it is an extension of my personality because I am fun, full of life and unpredictable and all over the place so it reflect in what I wear. And these clothes are an extention of my individuality because I drive on self expression so well. I once wore a suit, with my hair pulled back and flat shoes for a show in Abuja and nobody knew it was me. Even the flat shoes almost made me fall.
It is like you have extended to wearing make -up because I can see the Mascara?
Yes it is . See, I get a lots of freebies, so at the end of the day I can't allow it to waste especially with Mac which has been giving me their products and so, I apply them on my face.

Read more after the cut

There are reports that your parent are not happy with you lifestlye. Is that true?
My parent are the most amazing supporters that I can have and I can't wish for a better parent. My father who is a Yoruba man is in my house enjoying. You can call my father a successfull man because if I can do all the crazy things I do and bring something home then he is successful as a father. When there is a problem is when with all the crazy stuff the child does failed to yield good result then the child needed to be checked.
Who is really Denrele apart from what people have got to know him for?
I have never designate that and I don't think I want to do that. I just love doing what I do and it is not only about building Denrele but investing in other people and building a success story.
Do you intend getting married soon?
Not yet. I just clock 31 years and I'm not ready yet.
Denrele have you ever had a girlfriend?
The funny thing is I have a lots of my girlfriends are people that you know but won't know they are my girlfriends.
Claiming that you have girlfriends, so when do you intend to stop the rumour that you are gay?
People will always talk now. They will always find a lophole somewhere. If you are extending at what you do and I like to think I am extending so everything is a mix in. It is part of the job.
Sometime ago you and your family were robbed?
Yes  ,  that was in my family home in Yaba, where I grew-up. They took away a lots of things. I think they must have thought that Goldie (Late Goldie Harvey) willed her properties to me because we had buried Goldie on Monday and had her candlelight procession on Friday. They came on Saturday while I was still mourning Goldies death.  I was beaten which I think they did to prove a point because they knew who I was. At the end of the day I thank God noone was hurt but I needed to travel out of the country then so I don't put my family in jeopardy.
Have you gotten over the incident?
Over the robbery yes but I have not gotten over Goldie's death.
What are the things you are missing about Goldie?
I missed everything. You know when you are with somebody and know practically everything about the person you would miss the person. We had so many dreams, aspiration and so many things that we wanted to do together and with her gone so suddenly I am still in shock. A lots of people have said that I have replace Goldie with Karen and I said no because I am still keeping her legacy alive. At any event I go to I do a tribute for Goldie.
If eventually you got married, will you still continue with your lifestyle?
Yes.
You must have a way of treating yourself after wearing those heels and standing all day interviewing and anchoring a programme which is part of your job?
I don't do anything though I admit feeling pains but it is mine to bear because I decided to dress this way and the fortunate thing about me is that God bless me with a good feet but not with a good body frame because as much as I eat it has refused to have any effect on my body.
Medically it has been said that wearing too much high heel shoes can be detrimental to ones health. Are you not bothered that this might come to haunt you in your old age?
Please forget about that. Live is too short like Fela song. I am enjoying myself like this (Began dancing on his high heel shoes singing Davido's hit track 'Skelewu')

This interview is a property of abimboladebayo.blogspot.com. It is subjected to copyright


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess thats denrele for u very weirdo i think

adebukola said...

i like his style also